COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER Position
The Millwald is seeking an experienced and innovative leader to oversee organizational marketing and public relations initiatives, fundraising campaigns and mission-centered programming. This creative and partnership-focused position requires excellent relationship building skills, attention to detail and the ability to solve problems, big and small. The ideal candidates will have a proven track record of creating impactful messaging and memorable mission-based events designed to financially support a nonprofit organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Communications and Public Relations
- Develop and execute organizational marketing communications strategies and tactics consistent with brand and mission
- Develop and manage a Street Team focused on positive community engagement and education
- Responsible for concept, creation and execution of fundraising campaigns including individual memberships, corporate sponsorships, and fundraising events
- Manages and ensures integrity of donor databases
- Responsible for planning and execution of all Millwald presented free community events and open houses; sponsor/donor events and premiums; rental and educational events.
- Oversees budgets and related sponsorships to ensure a return on investment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Millwald is seeking a person with experience working in the performing arts or related mission-based or nonprofit industries. Candidates must be proactive, relationship-orientated, strategic and should feel comfortable juggling multiple projects in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment. This position will have a strong voice in shaping arts entertainment and education in our region for years to come.
- Marketing and/or mission-focused content creation experience
- Ability to direct creative processes with a focus on results
- Knowledge of digital marketing tools, customer relationship management and content management systems
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Willingness to accept other duties as assigned
- Location: Wytheville, Virginia 24382
- Job Function: Manager
- Job Type: Full-Time (exempt)
- Min Education: college degree preferred
- Min Experience: 3-5 Years
- Salary based on experience.
- This position is eligible for employment benefits including paid time off, health and life insurance, retirement plan, ticket discounts and more.
About the Millwald
The renovation of the historic 1928 Millwald Theatre building, 205 Main Street, downtown Wytheville, VA, will feature a 500-seat performance space and 7,500 sq. ft. of support facilities including two education spaces, a patron lounge, offices, and facilities to accommodate professional touring artists. Owned and operated by a nonprofit organization, The Millwald will present a year-round schedule of events, education, and engagement opportunities for the region.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.