Development Director Position
UPDATE – HIRED AUGUST 2022
This position is responsible for the strategic execution of the Millwald’s mission and vision through relationship-building, storytelling, sales and customer service. This role will oversee the execution of all marketing, public relations and development-related activities, including brand development and messaging in support of all Millwald activities, individual memberships, event sponsorships, and the coordination of non-ticketed, mission-based events.
The Millwald is seeking an experienced and innovative leader to direct marketing and public relations initiatives, fundraising campaigns and mission-centered programming. This creative and partnership-focused position requires excellent relationship-building skills, attention to detail and the ability to solve problems, big and small. The ideal candidates will have a proven track record of creating and leading successful marketing and development campaigns and events for a nonprofit organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Communications and Public Relations
· Conceptualize, create and execute marketing communications strategies and tactics consistent with brand and mission.
· Create and manage budgets to successfully meet audience goals for all ticketed events.
· Develop and implement the Millwald brand in all aspects of business operations.
· Responsible for annual fund raising to ensure proper resources to meet the Millwald’s mission and programming goals.
· Oversee the creation and launch of individual memberships, corporate sponsorships and other programs to attract a diverse donor audience.
· Works in conjunction with the Community Engagement Manager to identify and apply for grants and unique funding/partnership opportunities.
· Oversees the successful execution of all free community events and open houses including those in partnership with other NPOs, educational events, and outside rentals.
· Creates and manages departmental and event-based budgets with a focus on efficiency and a return on investment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The Millwald is seeking a person with experience working in a mission-based or nonprofit industry, preference to the creative arts. Candidates must be proactive, relationship-orientated, strategic and should feel comfortable juggling multiple projects in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment. This position will have a strong voice in shaping arts entertainment and education in our region for years to come.
· Demonstrated leadership experience.
· Proven history of creating successful and managing successful fundraising campaigns and events.
· Marketing and/or mission-focused content creation experience including art direction/design.
· Ability to direct creative processes with a focus on results
· Ability to work nights and weekends including many events
· Willingness to accept other duties as assigned
- Location: Wytheville, Virginia 24382
- Job Function: Manager
- Job Type: Full-Time (exempt)
- Min Education: college degree required
- Min Experience: 5+ Years
- Salary: $38,00-45,000
- This position is eligible for employment benefits including paid time off, health and life insurance, retirement plan, ticket discounts and more.
About The Millwald
The renovation of the historic 1928 Millwald Theater building, 205 Main Street, downtown Wytheville, VA, will feature a 500-seat performance space and 7,500 sq. ft. of support facilities including two education spaces, a patron lounge, offices and facilities to accommodate professional touring artists. Owned and operated by a nonprofit organization, The Millwald will present a year-round schedule of events, education and engagement opportunities for the region. Learn more at themillwald.org.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Millwald is an equal opportunity organization that is committed to diversity, inclusion and creating a sense of belonging. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.