DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST POSITION
The Millwald is seeking a highly creative and innovative content creator. This position is responsible for creating and promoting the Millwald brand to ensure audience reach and development goals in the venue’s inaugural year and beyond. This position must be adept at creative storytelling using many different platforms and be able to manage the diverse creative demands of promoting more than 200 unique events annually.
Duties and Responsibilities
Digital Marketing Communications
- Identify, recommend and implement digital marketing/advertising strategies that attract diverse audiences and showcase the Millwald’s unique story
- Maintain, monitor and optimize the Millwald’s reputation and industry presence on social media, the web and within both the professional and local communities
- Generate and source from others imagery, video and text content to meet attendance goals for all performances, events and campaigns
- Provide necessary assets for use in digital and physical marketing platforms including ticketing software, posters/flyers and email marketing
- Work with partners to ensure maximum efficiency on all cross promotional and earned media opportunities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Millwald is seeking a person with the ability to create a high volume of creative and impactful marketing assets. Candidates much be creative, energetic and willing to work within a team atmosphere.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, social networks and email marketing platforms
- Experience with targeted digital advertising campaigns
- Design and writing experience is essential
- Understanding of NFTs a bonus
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Desire to grow along with a startup nonprofit arts organization
- Willingness to accept other duties as assigned
- Location: Wytheville, Virginia 24382
- Job Function: Manager
- Job Type: Full-Time (exempt)
- Min Education: college degree preferred
- Min Experience: 1-3 Years
- Salary based on experience.
- This position is eligible for employment benefits including paid time off, health and life insurance, retirement plan, ticket discounts and more.
About the Millwald
The renovation of the historic 1928 Millwald Theatre building, 205 Main Street, downtown Wytheville, VA, will feature a 500-seat performance space and 7,500 sq. ft. of support facilities including two education spaces, a patron lounge, offices, and facilities to accommodate professional touring artists. Owned and operated by a nonprofit organization, The Millwald will present a year-round schedule of events, education, and engagement opportunities for the region.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.