FRONT OF HOUSE STAFF
The Millwald Theatre is seeking customer service-driven individuals to become our Front of House team. As part of our Front of House team, your responsibilities will include checking in guests, selling concessions, helping keep our facility clean and presentable, providing excellent customer service, and ensuring all guests have a positive experience at the historic Millwald Theatre. The customer service-focused and detail-oriented position requires a professional and friendly demeanor, and the ability to maintain focus during moments of chaos and excitement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Selling concessions to guests
- Scanning in guest tickets for shows and events
- Helping to maintain a clean and safe environment
- Remaining up to date and knowledgeable of current events at the Millwald
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Candidates must be proactive, relationship-oriented, and organized, and should feel comfortable juggling multiple projects in a start-up environment.
- Box Office, Front of House (hospitality), or sales office experience preferred
- Ability to learn point of sale software and hardware
- Basic math skills are a must
- Ability to work frequent nights and weekends and unconventional hours
- Willingness to accept other duties as assigned
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Must work well with other team members and volunteer staff
- Must have reliable transportation
- Location: Wytheville, Virginia 24382
- Job Function: Front of House Staff
- Job Type: Part-Time, 10-20 hours per week
- Min Age: 16+
- Min Education: N/A
- Min Experience: N/A
- Hiring Rate: $12 an hour
About the Millwald
The renovation of the historic 1928 Millwald Theatre building, 205 Main Street, downtown Wytheville, VA, will feature a 500-seat performance space and 7,500 sq. ft. of support facilities including two education spaces, a patron lounge, offices, and facilities to accommodate professional touring artists. Owned and operated by a nonprofit organization, The Millwald will present a year-round schedule of events, education, and engagement opportunities for the region.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.