Operations Manger Position
The Millwald is seeking a qualified Operations Manager to oversee ticketing and front of house operations at the historic entertainment venue. The detail-oriented and customer service-focused position requires excellent organizational skills, a professional and friendly demeanor, and the ability to maintain focus during moments of chaos and excitement. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in event ticketing, staff management, food and beverage coordination, and guest relations. This position will manage the day-to-day operations of the box office and the front of house operations including concessions for all events at the Millwald.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and manage the ticket and subscription office operations and services of the Millwald and its partner organizations and events
- Proactively maximize the value and quality of customer database information
Front of House
- Responsible for management of venue operations and supervision of front of house staff and volunteers
- Ensure the Millwald facility is presented in a clean and safe manner
- Manage budgets, maintain accurate records, run financial reporting, prepare settlements, and ensure compliance of operations
- Recruit, retain, and motivate talented front of house team members and volunteers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The Millwald is seeking a person with experience working in the performing arts or related hospitality industries. Candidates must be proactive, relationship-orientated, strategic and should feel comfortable juggling multiple projects in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment. This position will have a strong voice in shaping arts entertainment and education in our region for years to come.
- Box Office, Front of House (hospitality) or sales office management experience
- Ability to direct teams with leadership qualities that embrace the mission and vision of the organization
- Knowledge of point of sale and ticketing software and hardware
- Experience creating front of house or customer service policies and standard operating procedures
- Ability to work frequent nights and weekends and unconventional hours.
- Willingness to accept other duties as assigned
- Location: Wytheville, Virginia 24382
- Job Function: Manager
- Job Type: Full-Time (exempt)
- Min Education: College degree preferred
- Min Experience: 3+ Years
- Salary based on experience.
- This position is eligible for employment benefits including paid time off, health and life insurance, retirement plan, ticket discounts and more.
About the Millwald
The renovation of the historic 1928 Millwald Theatre building, 205 Main Street, downtown Wytheville, VA, will feature a 500-seat performance space and 7,500 sq. ft. of support facilities including two education spaces, a patron lounge, offices, and facilities to accommodate professional touring artists. Owned and operated by a nonprofit organization, The Millwald will present a year-round schedule of events, education, and engagement opportunities for the region.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.